Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summertime

To celebrate the start of summer 
my mom and I attended a 3 hour solstice yoga event 
that took place outside. 
It was amazing.
It was held at the base of the mountains
in someone's gorgeous backyard & home
{a tad bit jealous I don't live there!}

It felt great saluting the sun,
putting my face in the grass,
listening to the waterfall,
& seeing birds fly above in the clear blue sky.

The event wasn't all yoga...
it was about life. 
We met new people, 
connected with the earth,
reflected on who we are
& where we are going in life.
And we enjoyed some delicious
raw, whole food.


We talked a lot about our path in life...
what it is we want in life and what we have to offer.
I have been doing a lot of thinking about what I want in my life
and I have come to the conclusion that I want to do what I enjoy doing
and what makes me happy. 
And that is focusing on and improving life,
helping others,
being creative,
being passionate, 
being out in nature,
being healthy & active. 

I have been doing a lot of yoga 
and I am amazed at how it is transforming my life and my body.
I am loving it and I'm so excited to further my yoga journey. 
I think eventually I'd like to become a yoga instructor 
and a certified holistic nutritionist and make that my career. 

I mean I might as well live my dreams!

I'm excited for summer
it will be a good summer.
And I'm excited for my path in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment