Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cleansing Pure Health

I am dedicating the next few weeks to pure health.  Since being home I've been saying that I want to do a cleanse but for some reason I just couldn't bring myself to do it. So now there's no better time than the present.  I am doing a 7 day cleanse and for the first 3 days my goal is to drink only fresh fruit and vegetable juice and the other 4 days I plan to mostly eat only fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, along with juicing.  And for the rest of the month I want to be cautious of what I eat, by only eating natural, whole foods (nothing in the ingredients that I can't pronounce).

I am doing this for a few reasons...I believe that it's important to detox/cleanse the body at least once a year.  And it's been a couple of years since I've treated my body to a cleanse.  Cleansing is good to help eliminate stored up toxins, it's good for your blood and organs, it's also good for your skin. For me personally, I feel like I need it and I like the way I feel after I complete a cleanse.
Along with my pure health adventure I am getting active! It's my goal to practice yoga at least 5 times a week, go for a hike every week, and spend 30 minutes outside everyday.  Since Sunday I've gone to 6 yoga classes and I must say I'm loving it!

To jump start my cleanse I made a salad with quinoa. Quinoa is a very versatile grain, it is high in fiber and a good source of Iron. It has a nutty flavor and cooks easily (like rice).

 Added radish & shrimp

The salad was very "healthy" tasting...I really liked the quinoa salad mixture I made by adding cilantro, lime, and garlic
 Quinoa

No comments:

Post a Comment