Friday, June 15, 2012

Pin-Test

There's no denying it
I am addicted to Pinterest
 I have hundreds of pins for ideas 
I'd like to do someday.

While my pins continue to pile up 
I decided I needed to start testing out
some of those pins...why wait for someday?

When I saw this pin I knew I just had to try it.
I mean it's an egg in an avocado...

an eggvocado!

I followed the directions:
preheat oven to 375
hollow out  1/2 an avocado
use tinfoil to make a bowl to the place the avocado on
break egg into the center
and bake until egg is done 
about 15 minutes.

At 15 minutes my egg was still raw looking 
so I let it cook for 5 more minutes...
still runny.
5 more minutes....
still didn't look like it was cooking.
After 30 minutes I decided to chance it.
I cut into it and the egg was definitely cooked. 
So maybe it would have been good at 20-25 minutes?
My mom and I shared it and we were surprised by how good it tasted.
You could also add salt and pepper, cheese, paprika, etc.
 
I would encourage you to try this
if you like eggs and avocados. 

No comments:

Post a Comment