Zach's Notes - A semi-annual installment by Zach. Be forewarned!
We've been in our apartment now for a month, Hawaii for about three months and we continue to see/hear/do new things. Some things I've learned since being out here:
1. Hawaii really is awesome. Why did I wait so long to move out here?
2. Hawaiian people are incredibly friendly and helpful.
3. The ocean needs to be respected at all times.
4. Moving to a new town is very hard, it's all about the little victories.
5. Having to completely furnish an apartment is incredibly expensive. It seems everyday there is something else that Sara needs. I don't get it.
6. Free, unlocked wifi is awesome!
7. Unlike Kevin McCallister, I do like spending Christmas in a tropical climate. Walking around in sandals and t-shirts and going to the beach in December is better than I thought it would be.
8. Sara is the best roommate ever! So sporadic and energetic!
Today was the Honolulu marathon and we decided that since we weren't running in it, we could at least wake up early and cheer on the runners. It was a bright morning with a slight breeze which I think felt good to the runners. It was pretty cool seeing 30,000 people running down the street. Some of them were wearing crazy costumes. For the little while that we watched, we saw Spiderman in full costume, two sets of brides/grooms, a bunch of Ms. Clauses, a few Wonder Womans, some sort of Tiger Man (with a full cape), and a lot of people wearing clown wigs. oh and Deadmou5 showed up, too.
Not wanting to be outdone by the lady with the accordion and jingle bells, we put a lot of energy into our cheering efforts.
During a lull in the action, Sara showed me how she would run a marathon if she was ever was signed up for one.
We are having a great time and want to share the experience with anyone who is interested. Feel free to come out for a visit, we have space for you! Or just write us or send us presents. It is Christmas time after all. 441-A Kuliouou Rd Honolulu, HI 96821