Sunday, February 12, 2012

Poppy.

Early Friday morning my dad called with the news that Poppy Steve passed away.
In April he was diagnosed with lung cancer and a couple of months ago the doctors told him his cancer cells were shrinking so we thought that was a good sign. But unfortunately his heart gave out.
My mom and I had already planned to drive to Arizona on the 20th of this month thinking I would get to spend more time with Poppy.
I am so happy I decided to travel from Guyana to see him and say goodbye back in September.

Poppy Steve was a hard working, good man.
He was a jokester and loved to make people laugh.
He was a teddy bear.
He will be deeply missed and forever loved.

I know he is in a better place now and resting in peace.

Poppy Steve & Grammary celebrating her 80th birthday in 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment