Friday, May 23, 2014

Thanks Mom and Dad

It is no surprise. I cannot wait to be a mommy. When I was younger I always thought I would start having kids around the age of 25. Well, 25 came and went. And now that we are getting married we get the "when are you going to start having babies?" question all the time. We know we'll have our little family when the time is right.

On Monday as I welcomed my 28th birthday I couldn't help but think about how 28 years ago my parents became parents. I can only imagine how they felt bringing me into the world and how that first year must have been for them as new parents.

This past year seems like everyone around me was having babies and it has been the year where I have been surrounded by babies. In February I started nannying for my boss's 4 month old. I watch her at the office 3 days a week. I really enjoy watching her and I've learned a lot about babies. It has been fun watching her grow and develop. But the best part is how it's given me a glimpse into what it's like to have a little baby to care for and look after. It's not always easy, it takes a lot of patience (especially teething babies) but when they look at you and smile it is heart melting.
I now have a much deeper appreciation for my parents and all parents and I can only imagine that appreciation growing when I have my own babies.

I love you mom and dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment