Monday, October 8, 2012

First Visitors!!

The best part of this past week was having Princess, Peter, and Becky on the island! Of course Princess and Peter (they are on a US road trip) had to visit the 50th state, and luckily Becky also got to come. I wish we had an apartment already so they could have stayed with us but I’m so glad I got to see them! Unfortunately, I have been sick for the past few days so I only got to see them Friday evening and Sunday afternoon. 
Friday night was quite the adventure. We went with a few other WWOOFers to Honolulu and then met up with Princess, Peter, and Becky. There was an event going on called First Friday, it takes place every first Friday of the month and streets are closed off, live music is played, and art galleries are open to browse through. It sounded fun but our night led us to an “underground” art studio were poetry was supposedly being read, ukuleles were being played, and various other acts. When we got there nothing was going on, they were still setting things up. Finally things started and the first act was an excerpt reading from an author’s book…it was weird and we decided to bail. Luckily, we got John’s car to drive back so we dropped P,P, & B off at their hotel and then headed back to the farm, it was way past our bed time and I felt sick. 
 On Saturday I laid on the couch wrapped up in my sleep bag all day. 
On Sunday morning we were suppose to go snorkeling with Princess, Peter, and Becky but I still wasn’t feeling good. But later in the afternoon we met up with them, we got shaved ice, went to Waimanalo beach, showed them around the farm, then drove them to the bus stop and said good-bye. It was a great afternoon and I’m so grateful I got to spend time with them and that we had our first set of visitors! 

We are still on the job search; I didn’t get that receptionist position…I honestly didn’t think it would take this long to find jobs. But we keep reminding ourselves that we need to be patient and proactive. 

At the artsy studio


Shaved ice

Waimanalo beach

No comments:

Post a Comment