Sunday, December 14, 2014

Utah for Christmas

It has been 5 years since I've spent Christmas with family and away from the tropics so I am very much looking forward to spending this Christmas in Utah. 
We decided last Christmas that we wanted to travel this year and to have a white Christmas. 
My mom and one of Zach's brothers lives in Utah so we started planning...it turned out that most of Zach's family decided to also spend Christmas in Utah so we'll be splitting our time between my mom & Dan and Zach's family.
We have been trying to prepare ourselves for the cold weather, although we don't know if there will be any snow...it seems Utah is having strangely warm weather right now but we are HOPING for snow. 
I get cold easily, I even get cold in Hawaii so I am a little nervous for how cold I'm going to be even if it's just in the 40's, luckily I have my awesome snowboarding jacket waiting for me.
Sadly, I haven't really gotten into the holiday spirit yet so I am hoping once we board the plane on Friday that will change.  
Because I'm so excited for warm winter clothes, hot chocolate, home cooked meals, playing in the snow, seeing Christmas lights, wearing my flannel Christmas PJs, watching the littles open their presents on Christmas morning,  watching Elf, and snuggling with my husband next to a fire.

Today we had our office holiday brunch at the Outrigger Canoe Club. It's a fun time for the staff and their significant others to get together for good food and a fun game of white elephant gift exchange.


Today also marks our 4th month as a married couple...time is really flying by. 

Wishing everyone a happy holiday season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment